We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made - Albert Einstein
Some of the following facts were recently published in a German magazine, which deals with WORLD HISTORY FACTS ABOUT INDIA ..
Q. Who is the co-founder of Sun Microsystems?
A. Vinod Khosla
Q. Who is the creator of Pentium chip (needs no introduction as 90% of the
today's computers run on it)?
A. Vinod Dahm
Q. Who is the third richest man on the world?
A. According to the latest report on Fortune Magazine, it is Aziz Premji,
who is the CEO of Wipro Industries. The Sultan of
Brunei is at 6th position now.
Q. Who is the founder and creator of Hotmail (Hotmail is world's No.1 web
x-udd email program)?
A. Sabeer Bhatia
Q. Who is the president of AT & T-Bell Labs (AT & T-Bell Labs is the creator
of program languages such as C, C++, Unix
to name a few)?
A. Arun Netravalli
Q. Who is the GM of Hewlett Packard?
A. Rajiv Gupta
Q. Who is the new MTD (Microsoft Testing Director) of Windows 2000,
responsible to iron out all initial problems?
A. Sanjay Tejwrika
Q. Who are the Chief Executives of CitiBank, Mckensey & Stanchart?
A. Victor Menezes, Rajat Gupta, and Rana Talwar.
We Indians are the wealthiest among all ethnic groups in America, even
faring better than the whites and the natives.
There are 3.22 millions of Indians in USA (1.5% of population). YET,
- 38% of doctors in USA are Indians.
- 12% scientists in USA are Indians.
- 36% of NASA scientists are Indians.
- 34% of Microsoft employees are Indians.
- 28% of IBM employees are Indians.
- 17% of I! NTEL sci entists are Indians.
-13% of XEROX employees are Indians.
- In India's 100,000 years of history, it has never invaded any other country.
- India is the 7th largest country in the world, the largest democracy and one of the oldest civilizations.
- India was one of the richest countries in the world before the British invasion in 17th century.
- The value of "pi" used in mathematics was first calculated by the Indian mathematician Budhayana in 6th century.
-According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable language
for computer software
- India is one of the largest exporter of computer software products. It exports software to over 90 countries.
- India is home to the world's largest pilgrimage destination called the Vishnu Temple. The temple is located in the city of Tirupati. About an average of 30,000 people visit this temple donating about $6 million US dollars, everyday.
- India originated Yoga about 5,000 years ago.
- India has the most number of mosques. It has 300,000 mosques which is much more than the Muslim world.
- Christians and Jews have been living in India since 52 A.D.
- India invented the Number system 0 to 9.
- The world's first University was established in Takshila in 700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4 th century BC was one of the... greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.
- Although western media portray modern images of India as poverty striken and underdeveloped through political corruption, India was once the richest empire on earth.
- The art of navigation was born in the river Sindh 5000 years ago. The very word "Navigation" is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH.
- The value of pi was first calculated by Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is now known as the Pythagorean Theorem. British scholars have last year (1999) officially published that Budhayana's works dates to the 6th Century which is long before the European mathematicians.
- Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India . Quadratic equations were by Sridharacharya in the 11 th Century; the largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Indians used numbers as big as 1053.
- USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century-old suspicion amongst academics that the pioneer of wireless communication was Professor Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi.
- Chess was invented in India .
- Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists of his time conducted surgeries like cesareans, cataract, fractures and urinary stones. Usage of anaesthesia was well known in ancient India .
- When many cultures in the world were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley ( Indus Valley Civilisation) .
- The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC.
- Martial Arts were first created in India, and later spread to Asia by Buddhist missionaries.
So people be proud to be born as INDIAN.. We are the pioneers and original.. =)